Area Profile | Sub-regions | Guiding Principles | Staff
HSP List | ESC LHIN is Good for Your Health | FAQ
About The ESC LHIN
The Erie St. Clair Local Health Integration Network (ESC LHIN) is one of 14 Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) in Ontario. The LHINs were established in 2006 to manage the planning, integration, performance, and funding of the health care system.
LHINs are community-based, non-profit organizations funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care to plan, fund and coordinate services delivered by:
As Crown agencies that work in partnership with the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC), LHINs provide leadership and accountability for the health care system at the local level and ensure that the health care needs of Ontarians are identified, coordinated, and addressed in a truly integrated system. Local accountability gives communities the opportunity to become involved in health care planning.
LHIN-Funded Health Service Provider
A LHIN-funded health service provider is defined as an agency that has a Service Accountability Agreement with the LHIN. This accountability agreement holds the agency accountable for delivering health care services to patients, clients, and/or family members and caregivers.
Provincial LHIN Vision
A health care system that helps people stay healthy, delivers good care to them when they get sick, and will be there for their children and grandchildren.
Erie St. Clair LHIN Vision
Better Care, Better Experiences, Better Value.
Population, Demographic, and Statistical Information
Erie St. Clair LHIN
Is home to approximately 636,020 people*, or 4.6% of the population of Ontario. **2015
- % population age 65+: 18.4%
- In 2011, the LHIN’s population lived in
- 45%: large urban population centres (population size 100,000+)
- 25%: medium urban population centres (population size 30,000-99,999)
- 11%: small urban population centres (population size 1,000 to 29,999)
- 19% lived in rural areas (outside population centres* are classified as rural areas)
* Health Analytics Branch Socio-Demographic Profile by LHIN 2015 - Health Analytics Branch Environmental scan.
**A population centre (POPCTR) has a population of at least 1,000 and a population density of 400 persons or more per square kilometer, based on the current census population count.